Category Archives: Community

Photo Day for Haiti — February 13th, 2010

Haiti has been on my mind lately. I watch news coverage in the middle of the night while I feed little Jude. It hurts my heart to see people in such need.

The other night after a particularly long feeding, and after watching some of the coverage, I laid Jude back into his crib, crawled into bed and said a prayer for the people of Haiti. And then it struck me. Here I was, snuggling into my nice warm bed, my husband beside me. Our new baby was safe in a crib just an arm’s reach away. Our 2 and 4 year old were sleeping peacefully in the room next to us. I had just chugged a huge glass of clean, fresh water.

I started to think about how lucky I am. How small the worries in my life really are, compared to the worries that the Haitian people are facing. They are facing such heavy worries right this very minute. Not knowing where to go. Where to sleep. Where they will get their next meal. Where their families are. They estimate that there are now around 1 million orphans in Haiti. Wow.

We want to do something.

And that’s where you come in.

On February 13th, 2010 we will be holding photo sessions all day to raise money for the people of Haiti. If you would like your family, child, selves photographed at a great location (The Guthrie in Minneapolis) for a great cause (the people who have been affected by the earthquake in Haiti), give us a call!

We will be booking 45 minute mini-sessions throughout the day, beginning at 9:00 a.m. Sessions begin at the top of each hour.

All proceeds from the session fees and print sales will go directly to World Vision International (http://www.worldvision.org/).

Drop us an email or give us a call to book your session:

photo@ctryan.com
651-587-7218 (Tamrah)
651-587-6432 (Cory)

Please feel free to pass this note/email on to any of your friends or family that you think would be interested!

One more thing… time slots are already filling up very quickly… thanks SO much! If the 13th fills up, we would LOVE to spend our Valentine’s Day (the 14th)  photographing as well! What better way to spend that day together?

Package options are as follows:

1: $75*
45 min session

2: $120 ($180 value)
45 min session
1- 8×10
2- 5×7’s

3: $250 ($320 value)
45 minute session
1-8×10
2-5×7
4-4×6
24 wallets

*Package #1 allows you to pay for the session, but purchase prints ala carte. Print prices can be found here: http://blog.ctryan.com/print-prices/.  All packages include an online gallery, where additional prints can be purchased.

Here are some photos from sessions we’ve done at the Guthrie and around the Stone Arch Bridge area:

Jessica - January 21, 2010 - 5:51 pm

You guys rock!!! We love you both so much!!! What a great way to contribute! 🙂

lisa heaner - January 22, 2010 - 10:09 am

what a great idea! i’m talking to tim to see if we can work it into our budget. you guys just completely rock.

Special Olympics Swimming

I got to spend a couple hours this week photographing some of the coolest people I’ve ever met for the Special Olympics. It was their 2009 Spring Games and I did pictures during the swimming competition. What amazing people, both the competitors and the volunteers. I love the wonderful emotion and dedication I saw that day. If anyone has an opportunity to go to one of their events, or volunteer/donate in some way, I’d highly recommend it.

You can see the full shoot and buy prints here: http://ctryanclients.com/cart/. 100% of the proceeds go the the Special Olympics Minnesota.

Special Olympics Minnesota swimming

Leah - April 28, 2009 - 11:14 am

Nice post! My daughter was one of the athletes pictured, and I LOVE the picture!!! (along with the others on your photography site!) I think a lot of people didn’t realize you were there, or that they could get copies of the pictures, so I’m working on spreading the word!

Angela - April 28, 2009 - 7:58 pm

Wow, those are some amazing shots! I can’t wait until my son is old enough to participate in these kinds of events.

Rebecca - May 7, 2009 - 8:14 am

Beautiful! I love how you captured the action shots!

Campus Crusade

I was having flashbacks to 3rd grade picture day when I did these shots for Campus Crusade for Christ’s annual briefing conference. I guess there were a few differences though…
1 – I didn’t use that little string thing attached to the camera that I remember them holding up to my chin when you sit down (what was that anyway?).
2 – I popped a breath mint about every 20 shots to avoid the dreaded portrait day photographer stale coffee breath.
3 – I had a really great time meeting and talking to a bunch of awesome students doing amazing things with their lives. 
You can find larger versions of these photos at: http://ctryanclients.com/cart/

Campus Crusade

JoDee Anderson - May 3, 2009 - 7:54 pm

I totally remember the string! haha…

HopeKids

I recently had a chance to photograph some kids involved in the HopeKids organization. HopeKids is an amazing nonprofit that provides events & activities for children with cancer and other life-threatening medical conditions.  These kids had a chance to go to a Minnesota Wild game, watch from Marian Gaborik’s private suite, and meet the NHL referees who were officiating the game before the teams hit the ice.

That was definitely the coolest part for me. These ref’s who were about to spend their evening breaking up fights and being cursed at by thousands were some of the nicest guys I’ve ever met. They were amazing with the kids, and were genuinely excited and honored to hang out with them for a few minutes before the game.

HopeKids

Special Olympics Polar Plunge

We had the opportunity to photograph a bunch of brave people jumping into frigid waters for the Special Olympics South Metro Polar Plunge. It looked like they were having a lot of fun but I don’t think you’ll catch me doing it any time soon. 🙂 Although, the hot tub at the end seemed pretty nice. This was a great way to be part of the action, without having to actually jump in!

Special Olympics South Metro Polar Plunge

Jeff & Wendy Ryan - March 19, 2009 - 9:18 am

Great photos — crazy but great & generous people! I agree with you, the cold stuff wouldn’t sit well with me, but the hot tub sounds pretty nice!